Discover » Archive
- Telecommunications Law, April 2004 (PDF 645KB)
Telecommunications: base transmitter towers, handsets and the law, by Leigh Simpkin
- Defamation, January 2004 (PDF 139KB)
- Clearing Laws under the EP Amendment Act 2003
This paper was presented by Vivian Markovich at the Katanning Legal Education Seminar. It looks at the significant reforms contained in the EP Amendment Act 2003 as they pertain to clearing of native vegetation.
- Environmental Protection Amendment Bill 2002
Notes from paper given by Lee McIntosh and Sandy Boulter on the proposed changes to the Environmental Protection Act 1986. Paper given at joint Conservation Council of WA and EDO WA round table held on 15 August 2002
- Genetically Modified Organism Free Zones in WA, June 2003
The Genetically Modified Crops Free Areas Bill 2003 (WA) was introduced into State Parliament on 7 May 2003 and will enable the Minister for Agriculture to declare an area of the State (or the whole State) to be a “designated area” in which it is an offence to cultivate a GMO food crop. This article by Lee McIntosh explains how the Bill will work and some of its shortfalls.
- Genetically modified organisms in WA, October 2002
The use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) poses potential threats to the environment through transfer of modified genetic characteristics to other species. These papers by Lee McIntosh look at:
- New clearing laws proposed for Western Australia
New laws to provide better regulation of illegal clearing are proposed for Western Australia. This paper by Lee McIntosh reviews the laws and their likely scope and effect.
- The Environmental Protection Amendment Bill 2002 (WA)
Briefing paper prepared by Lee McIntosh on the significant changes which are proposed for the WA Environmental Protection Act 1986. Topics include changes to the environmental impact assessment process, new clearing laws and the new offence of environmental harm. A copy of the presentation notes are also available by clicking here.
- Regulating land clearing: Reforming the law in WA
Paper by Michael Bennett considering the effectiveness of WA’s existing land clearing laws and outlining potential reform of these laws.
- The legalities: Do covenants really work?
Paper by Michael Bennett which explains “conservation covenants” and how they restricts one person's use of land for the benefit of owners of other land.